Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Mosaic Tile Class - Cooie Grey-Lavin


What did you do last summer?  One of the more interesting things I did was take a mosaic tile class taught by the wonderful local mosaicist Cooie Grey-Lavin.  Six friends and I had practically unlimited access to her very cool studio (behind her home) during the several-week period to come in and work on our pieces.  I worked on the wooden plate pictured (that's son Kiel's photo, or pieces of a photo anyway, glued to the bottom of glass tiles) as well as stepping stones.  Others made mirror frames, plaques and even "memorial" stones for beloved pets.  Click here to see photos on Flickr of the various projects made in class as well as a few of the studio. (Click on "Slideshow" for closer view.)

Cooie will be holding another class in November.  Feel free to email me for the details.  It's an interesting and creative process that anyone can learn!  (Click here for a link to a series of Cooie's "how to" videos.)

(Click here to see my mosaic birdbath.) (Click to see a mosaic birdhouse I made for my friend Merryl's birthday.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Leave your questions of remarks here!