Monday, March 30, 2009

Chico Kite Day

The incredibly powerful, gusty wind last Sunday couldn't keep kite enthusiasts away from Chico Kite Day in Martin Luther King Park (also known as "20th Street Park" or simply "Community Park" to locals).

I just happened to have my trusty Flip Video with me and shot this fun little short film of the festivities. (click here to view)

On a recent jaunt to upper park, I happened to notice a few large, beautiful kites being flown at Wildwood Park. My son Gabe and I struck up a conversation with the flyer of a huge, gorgeous red beauty. Turns out he is the owner of a local biz, Gone with the Wind Kites. We visited his place of biz. In addition to getting my "vintage" kite repaired, we purchased a few new ones. While I didn't launch mine on the official Kite Day, I've marked my calendar for the first Sunday of each month, when the "kite people" commune in Wildwood Park to fly their colorful dragons, frogs, and parafoils. Come check it out!

1 comment:

  1. Laura-
    You're a natural interviewer! Your video makes the event look like such fun.
    Mary Lee

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? Leave your questions of remarks here!