Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Facebook Fun



Are you a fan of Facebook yet? I've been a member of this "online social network" for the past few months and have enjoyed staying in touch this way, especially with friends and family I don't get to see as often as I'd like. It's really pretty easy once you get the hang of it. (I was going to say "Even my mom is on FB," but SHE'S the one who got the rest of us on email when it was new!) If you have a digital camera (and know how to use it), you can post photos of your kids, pets, travels, activities etc. for your friends to enjoy.

Stay in touch with a particular group on FB by creating a page for that group. I've put together the "Burghardt Family Clan" as a way of allowing my family members to easily connect, share photos, videos, information etc. (Still trying to get the fam on board with that one!) I also belong to the Facebook-Live Chico, Northern California CRS Chapter and Soroptimist International of Chico groups, among others. (What is a Soroptimist, you ask? Click here for a clip from an incredible video my friend, fellow Soroptimist member, and Emmy award-winning documentarian Jeanne Rawlings filmed recently!)

FB is fun, it's free, and it's spreading like wildfire (not just for the teeny-boppers any more--how's that word for dating myself?)! Check it out for yourself. If you're already on, "friend" me if you'd like. If you sign up and have questions, feel free to email me. It takes a village to keep up with technology these days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Leave your questions of remarks here!