Friday, August 21, 2009

Coast Walk


After consuming some pretty fab ice cream and touring the lovely Stansbury House (see blog entry below), my friends Fran, John and I received a bonus (sometimes it pays to be latecomers!) and enjoyed chatting with a few of the volunteers on the back porch. (What a GREAT ice cream social those volunteers put on every year!) Thanks to Ron (an avid fellow outdoorsperson), we learned about "COASTWALK," an organization which sponsors hikes along the California coast. As their web site boasts: "Twice the fun of the average camping trip...and half the work!" Throw in the "gourmet" food and camaraderie, and it sounds like my kind of adventure! So often I think about how fortunate I am to live in Northern California, with its diverse and astounding beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Leave your questions of remarks here!