Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Hawkeye & Friend


The other morning as I was working on my laptop at home, I found myself gazing out my back window (shades of daydreaming in high school French class!) at the ornamental crane perched on my fence. I wondered whether the rotating wind-powered wings served to keep birds away from the fruit trees and grapevines lining my yard. Not two minutes later, another fluttering motion caught my eye, and I watched as this gorgeous hawk landed a few feet away from the "scary" crane. Guess that answered my question! There's a drainage canal behind my house, and the hawk appeared to be shopping for lunch. (Fortunately the fence blocked THAT view!) The hawk politely maintained his (her?) pose while I scrambled to get my camera and snapped this photo.
Can anyone tell me what kind of hawk this is?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Leave your questions of remarks here!