Thursday, August 21, 2008

My Beautiful Patio Cover!

Scott Burghardt, Burghardt Construction (yes, he IS a relation--my charming, talented nephew, born and raised here in Chico and a graduate of the CSUC Construction Management program) just completed my fun, artsy patio cover, and I love it!

The back yard (my first-ever landscape design!) was completed two years ago, and this "fabric sail" patio cover is the icing on the cake. Scotty and I collaborated on the design and had a good time researching fabric covers on the internet. We finally decided on a combination of a square piece and triangular piece, strategically placed to let the morning sun in (for early breakfasting at the bistro table) but keep the patio shaded and the house cooler during the heat of the day. During the winter months the "sails" can be removed to let more light into the house (and protect the nylon-type fabric from the harsh weather).



I'm thinking a version of this patio design would look GREAT behind a custom home built on one of those wonderful lots overlooking the canyon in the lovely Humboldt Woodlands subdivision (click here for map). And it just so happens one of those fabulous view lots is currently available! (See blog post below.)

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I love it! You and Scott did a beautiful job. What a unique design idea; your so clever. Your backyard looks very inviting! When's brunch? Jeanette
    PS Irecently started a blog too..just learning! It's fun!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? Leave your questions of remarks here!