Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Peaches!


Mmmmm...fresh, juicy Chico State Farm peaches cut up and smothered with blueberry yogurt; what could be better than that? Mom and I got up early this morning and were at the farm (off Hegan Lane, South Chico; click here for directions) just after they opened (i.e. a little table with tent staffed by two sweet young CSUC coeds) at 7 a.m. Take your own bags or buckets, and pick to your heart's content (or your vehicle's capacity). At 75 cents a pound, such a bargain! So here I sit, savoring peach perfection (the Fay Elbertas taste better than the reds this year), watching the stiff competition between Team USA and China in Olympic men's gymnastics, and giving the whole house fan a workout (100+ temps slated for the entire week). Heck, I'll just set my peach cobbler out on the patio and let it bake!

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhh! Peaches!! I wish I could grow peaches in Puerto Rico, but it looks like I may be stuck with mangos and monster avocados. Those peaches look SO good!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? Leave your questions of remarks here!